9/30/07

the flu

So a few days ago, I came down with the flu. I had forgotten how miserable it is. For the first two days, I slept nonstop. But now, I am starting to get restless, though I can't really get out of bed yet. Consequently, I've had a lot of time to think. Here are some thoughts:

-John Denver's line, "What a friend we have in time, gives us children, makes us wine" seems deep, but ultimately leaves me confused. Does time necessarily give us children? No- there's more involved than that. Same with wine. I wonder if there was something in the clean mountain air that made Denver lose his grip on logistics.

-Hoveround was invented by a male nurse named Tom Kruse. Fishy.

-The Wire is a good show; I'm glad I netflixed it.

Well, I think that's it for now. I've had a lot of time to think but haven't come up with much. Time to drink more vitamin water and take a nap.

2 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Leighton said...

I have not had the flu, but I have had a lot of time to think in between fetching you water and vanilla wafers. More to consider:

Statistically, doesn't wine give us more children than time? Couldn't the lyrics read:

"What a friend we have in wine, gives us time, makes us children." I think that makes a lot more sense.

Finally, if I had invented the Hoveround and my last name was Kruse, I would name it the Krusaround. It's actually a better name, and it would cement my legacy.

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not too familiar with Denver's catalog.
However, I am fairly certain that Lil Boosie, an established southern rapper, has a line in one of his dope jams that reads
"Enough wine to go around,
new 24's on my Krusaround, Ni#$a!"


PS. I could be wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com